Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pretty & Polished - Irish Brawn

     Well, I haven't been feeling too great the past couple of days, so no posts. Medicine free at the moment, so I'm going to try to write this before I have to go back to feeling loopy. I apologize if it doesn't end up being completely coherant. ;)

     Today's polish is Irish Brawn by Pretty & Polished. It's one of their St. Patrick's Day polishes. St. Patrick's Day is very special to me, because my father's side of the family is very proudly Irish. I grew up learning about the history and struggles of the Irish people, both in the United States and the old country. This little pretty was made "to signify the amazing strength of the Irish Immigrants here in America."


    Irish Brawn is a black jelly with three types of green glitter, including the ever popular circle glitter! I used three coats here. I probably could have just done two if I had been more careful. The black ended up being pretty solid and dark with three coats, but it didn't loose the jelly look completely or swallow the glitters. You could also layer this over a solid black if you don't have the patience for jellies or want a more opaque look. Consistency and application were both great. The bottle is packed with glitter, so I didn't have any problems getting some on the brush. Still, the jelly base applied smoothly. There was a little bit of texture because of all that awesome glitter, but nothing a coat of Seche Vite couldn't fix.


     This isn't the best picture, but I think it shows the depth of the polish. Look at that pretty green glitter! I love black and near-black polish, but don't wear it a lot. I have to wear all black at work, and solid black polish makes me look too goth. I look goth enough as it is, with my vampire schedule, dark hair, and pale Irish skin. This polish is perfect for me. :) There is just enough beautiful sparkle and colour to make this something I can wear whenever.

     Final verdict? I love this polish! I also love the company that makes it. Pretty & Polished was the first non-mainstream brand that I bought from. I was hesistant at first to buy indies, but I'm so glad that I gave it a go. It probably helped a lot that I started with this brand, because all of my purchases from them have been nothing short of fantastic. I now have a growing Pretty & Polished army, which you'll see more of on here for sure.

Irish Brawn is still available from Pretty & Polished for $9.

XOXO,
Riotbettyx

1 comment: