Monday, March 18, 2013

Pretty & Polished - Kiss Me, I'm Irish!

     Hope everyone had a great weekend and made it through Monday with a smile. I personally love Mondays. Nothing like a fresh start to the week! (It also doesn't hurt that I have the day off from work. Lol.) One more green mani to show you today and some general blabbing about the blog.

     Pretty & Polished Kiss Me, I'm Irish! is the polish I was wearing on St. Patrick's day. I also wore it to work the day before, on "St. Practice Day." I figured the pretty green would help distract from when my hands inevitably got dyed green from the food colouring we were putting in the beer. ;) It's a fun holiday to bartend but certainly has its downsides.



     Kiss Me, I'm Irish! consists of small matte green and white micro glitters in a clear base. I had originally planned on wearing it layered over a green base to make removal easier, but I was hopped up on cold meds and didn't trust the steadiness of my hands. I figured that wearing the glitter by itself would result in a more forgiving application. So, this is three coats of polish. You can still see a little bit of nail peeking through, but it wasn't noticeable in person.



     Application was easy. The polish went exactly where I wanted it to and didn't require any clean up. It definitely had some texture to it. I used a coat of Gelous and another of Seche Vite to smooth things out. By the second day of wear (when these pics were taken), my nails were feeling bumpy again. Oh, you hungry little glitters. Including base coat, this mani consisted of 6 layers, so I'm surprised that I only got one chip while at work. It did start to lift on one of the fingers on my dominant hand by the end of the night, but managed to not peel off. Removal was, well, not fun. I'll be trusting my first instinct and layering this next time.



     You can see the glitters better here. From a distance, they combine into a kinda grassy look. Up close, you can see white glitter (which sometimes looks silvery), green glitter, and slightly larger more cool toned green glitter. So pretty! As much as I like sparkle, I'm honestly a fan of matte glitter.

     So, I'm sure you've noticed that my hands look lobstery in these pics. A little about that... I don't really have any photo editing software. I can do some basic colour correcting, but that's about it. My camera isn't fancy. I have some art training, but no photography background. I know that there are blogs out there with fantastic, flawless photographs. This is not one of them.

     My photos have been taken in daylight so far, but I don't see that being the norm. It's just not practical for me. I normally polish my nails after I get off work, which is anywhere between 2 and 4 AM. Yes, AM. Gotta love that bartender vampire schedule. Taking daylight pictures means snapping a bunch of random pics right before I leave for work and praying that some of them end up being usable. I plan on working on some sort of lighting set-up that I can use at night, when my manis are still fresh.

     Also, I don't plan on doing much actual "swatching." I love when bloggers do posts showcasing full collections, but it's just not something I can do. My hands get beat up enough at work as it is. They wouldn't survive swatching. :( My posts will show you the polishes that I actually wear. On the plus side, I'll be able to comment on how they hold up in the real world. Still, I'd be totally down for doing posts with comparison requests.

     Well, I think that's enough for today! I'll leave you with one last picture. :)



XOXO,
Riotbettyx

No comments:

Post a Comment