Monday, July 8, 2013

Model City Polish - Sheena is a Punk Rocker

     Ramones inspired collection? Yes, please! An excuse to sing and dance around the apartment like a lunatic? Count me in! Glitters in a black base? Frak, yeah! Model City Polish Sheena is a Punk Rocker is exactly the type of lacquer that I love wearing. Take a look...


 
     Model City Polish describes Sheena is a Punk Rocker as "a black jelly base filled with bright pink dots, fine silver glitter, and fine silver holographic glitter." They forgot to mention that it's awesome! I've already gushed about my love for black nail polish, and this one is very wearable. I actually had a conversation about this with a middle aged guest while wearing this polish at work. She told me that she also loved the edginess of black polish, but couldn't really wear it at her age without feeling too dark or people assuming she was trying to be goth. She thought that the pink and silver/holo glitter made this polish perfect, balancing out the moodiness with some fun. I'd say she hit the nail on the head! While I'm not a "pink girl", I'm a huge fan of pink and black together. And that silver sparkle in the light? Oh, man.
 


 
     Sheena is a Punk Rocker does have a jelly base, so I decided to layer it. You could build it up with three to four coats, but I don't always like the way black jellies look on their own. (You know, that murky brown/grey/black colour if you don't use enough coats...) I wanted this to be black, without covering up the awesome pink circle glitters or overloading my nails with them. I used one coat of Sheena is a Punk Rocker over Cult Nails Nevermore. It applied easily, and I was happy with the glitter spread and coverage that I got. I did place an extra circle or two onto each nail because I'm picky, but I didn't have to fish for the larger glitter at all. The end result was pretty smooth to the touch, so I only needed a coat of Seche Vite to make things glossy.
 
     Side note: I'm pale, but jeez. Blacks and dark purples sure make me look really pale in some lighting. Holy ghost hands in that last pic! And this is probably the longest you will ever see my nails. I tend to break them at work once they reach a certain length. Sure enough, I snapped a corner completely off on the second day of wearing this polish. Props to you ladies who can keep your nails beautiful and long, but I guess it's just not for me.
 
 
     Sparkle, little holo glitters, sparkle in that kinda sorta sunlight! Yep, I love this polish. True story: I was driving home from work wearing this, and guess what song plays on the radio as I'm pulling into my apartment complex?! Of course I sat in my truck until it finished, then ran inside to tell the BF. Thrusting the bottle into his face, "Do you know what I just heard on the radio?! Look what this polish is called! Look what I'm wearing!" He actually thought it was a really cool occurrence, because the Ramones don't tend to get a lot of radio play. I love him for telling me that my nail polish was meant to be, totally sincerely.
 
     Sheena is a Punk Rocker is currently available from Model City Polish for $8. You can keep up with the brand on Facebook.
 
     End of post bonus for you, lovies, because I assume everyone loves the Ramones as much as I do:
 

 
XOXO,
Riotbettyx

7 comments:

  1. Wow pretty color :) The glitters really pop off the black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That polish looks great! How cool that they made a Ramones inspired collection! I would almost buy it just because of that haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, so jealous! I've been lusting after Hey Ho, Let's Go. I always end up on Etsy, pondering whether to get it, then think - just get it, wear it with your Ramones shirt! Fine. Oh right, they don't ship to Canada -_- Why god why! Sigh...
    I absolutely love black jellies with glitter. So much fun.
    This polish would be perfect for going to the discotheque a-go-go :)
    Honestly, who doesn't love the Ramones? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Nina here from Model City. I do ship to the lovely country of Canada! Just message me on Etsy and I can get you taken care of. I like to handle international stuff as a one on one case to ensure prompt shipment and care. :)

      Delete
    2. :O You rock my world!!
      I'll definitely message you tonight :D

      (sending out massive love to Lunar Lacquer now! <3)

      Delete
  4. How awesome is that! Love the polish!

    ReplyDelete